Monday 15 March 2010

Poorly boy making dough!

March 13.

Yesterday my baby had a fever. His first one ever. He seemed fine in the morning, but when he woke up from his nap, he was not a happy boy! I noticed how hot he was, I couldn't check his temperature cause he didn't let me use the two kinds of thermometer we had. He wasn't his usual self, his eyes were droopy, he was subdued, without a spark, he was mopping around, and then coming to mummy for cuddles. At one point I got so worried, I had to put some music on, and then we were both dancing holding each other tight.
Marc was not home, and we decided to give him some medicine ( We have never given him anything before!) But after tasting it, he refused to have it.
Marc came home earlier than planned, and brought a new thermometer, the one you can read in one-second by putting it on the ear. He had 39.4. Wow!

When we put him down at night, the fever had gone down to 36. He had woken up twice before 1 am but then he slept well until about 7ish. But this morning, the temperature was 38.9. Poor little soldier of mine!
Thankfully he seemed much chirpier, more chatty. Though his eyes were still droopy. Oh man! I can't see my little boy sick! It makes me soo sad. I know it is a given as a mother to see your kids go through  many illnesses. But, it is still hard!! Will I ever get use to it? Does it get easier? Feel free to respond to those questions!
He was more clingy than usual, and I gave him my whole attention, and did all that he wanted to do all day. Anything to help the little guy to feel at least a bit better! But at times, he wasn't even sure what he wanted!
I thought it was the perfect time to make play dough.
I have to say, my play dough doesn't look like Leslie's! It started well, but when I added the colors, it became stickier, so I added more flour but then lost a bit of the color. So, red became pinkish...not soo great!
Lemmy in the other hand, had lots of fun helping in the process of making the dough! Not so much into the playing...at least we had fun!!





Here is a little video of him stirring the ingredients. Photos of the dough will come later.


3 comments:

Leslie said...

pobrecito!!! poor little lemmy! I can't believe this is his first fever! That's amazing. The first time your baby gets sick is really sad and hard. It just stinks to see them suffering and you wish they would never ever get sick!!! I know how you feel. Even though it's much more frequently for me, I still hate it whenever any of my boys are sick!!!

Leslie said...

p.s. - sorry your playdough didn't work!!!! looks like you all had fun making it, though :)

Veronica said...

I know! I can't imagine how familys deal with multiple sicknesses of children!! You have 4, you must know!

Oh, the play dough! When did u add the colors? after or while cooking it? The dough was perfect without the colors.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers