Thursday 25 March 2010

Finger painting

25 of March.

I decided to do something new with my little man today while daddy was away.
I discovered that all the journals I have of milestones for Lemmy are not finished, and it will take me a while to go through my other diaries to find the exact dates,etc...if I have them all?!
One of the things to do was to record the hands and foot prints of 1 year old Lemmy. Well, at almost 2 years old and we finally did it this morning! It was fun for mummy! Lemmy was pretty amused at first and when I showed him that he can actually play with the paint using his fingers, he looked rather intrigued. He tried it with reservation and then his face turned to total disgust! Ha ha I recorded 2 little videos of him, super cute! He did one nice piece of art work and then he wanted his hands to be clean. So, it was a short experiment but hoping for some more in the future!

Later on, we rang my mum and while I was talking to her, Lemmy was looking at his favorite train and said: oh! no! sucio! ( dirty) I gave him a little wipe and he started to clean the whole train and some other toys that were near by, he kept on saying: sucio, a limpiar! ( dirty, to clean up)

Every day there is something new with Lemmy. He is such a wonder, I can't believe how much he has grown. I looked at him and I don't see his chubby cheeks anymore, I see a little boy now. Its joy I feel but also sadness of saying goodbye to the baby in him. He is my first son, he made me a mother. I carried him for 9 months and I loved him since day 1. He turns my bad days into a joyful ones, sometimes with just his presence.

He is so sympathetic. If I get hurt, or I sudden think I'm choking from a non stop cough, he comes running to me, saying : mama mama mama , in the most gentle sweet voice, and pats my back and tries to look at my face to see how I am. When I finally stop my coughing fit, or the pain of my elbow subdues after I hit a wardrobe, I look at him to reassure him I'm OK and thank him for his sweetness. He looks back at me and starts smiling big, he giggles, hugs me and kiss me.
If I have a cut on a finger, he says: owie owie ( the American way!) with concern, takes my hand and gives the poor finger a little kiss (on the band aid).

What a wonder, what a miracle. He is forming into an incredible boy, leaving his baby ways behind him and learning new ways.I really pray and hope to raise him in God's way. I know I have lots to learn, and lots to change still. I really hope he turns into a good man, that he will thrive by God's love, that he will be a blessing and bring lots of love and joy as he is already bringing into my life. I want with all my heart to be the best mother he can possible have!





4 comments:

adriana juárez said...

que lindo!!! me encanta, que clarito que está hablando!!

Veronica said...

si, vistes!! tengo que filmarlo mas...!

Unknown said...

Che, me encantó lo que escribiste...hermoso, hermoso...¿cómo podrías hacer para que lo lea más gente? Yo recibo el blog de Margaret directamente a mi cuenta de email. Te digo que es de una bendición impresionante, me ha ayudado, levantado y sostenido en estos últimos meses. De a poco un montón de gente comenzó a leerlo y hasta una persona que no está convertida se fue a comprar una Biblia después de leer su blog. La verdad que me sorprendió ver el alcance de la internet. Yo creo que tu blog puede bendecir a muchas mamás. Y qué plato el video. Generalmente los nenitos se copan con ensuciarse las manos....

Veronica said...

ja ja Gracias!!! Es que a Lemmy no le gusta ensuciarse mucho!! Cuando come, tambien me pide una servilleta y se limpia la boca, las manos y la mesa! Tambien si ve algo sucio, empieza : uuuuy nooo, sucio!! a limpiar! ja ja A quien salio????!!!
Que bueno lo que me contas, yo lo lei un par de veces solamente. Hay bastante gente que lo mira mi blog, pero no dejan comentarios....tengo tantas cosas que me gustaria escribir...voy de poco a poco!
Tenes que ver a Lemmy en directo!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers