Sunday 21 February 2010

Zoo

Sunday afternoon. Zoo time!!

Over the summer, we really wanted to take Lemmy to the Zoo for the first time. We have one near our home. About 20 minutes by car. Not too bad. The prices are expensive, especially to go for just 1 day, so We thought about it and decided to become members/friends of the Zoo. It worked out really well for us. We already made our money back for the many times we have been. It's great because now we can just pop in for a nice walk through the Zoo any time we like and hang out for an hour or so, depending of how much time we have.

In the summer we would spend almost the whole day there. Beautiful weather, nice big places for Lemmy to run around and of course see the animals! It was a great outing for all of us.
I really LOVE the Zoo!! I don't know if is because growing up in the city, we only got to go on very rare occasions. It makes me feel like a little kid again. I run to the chimpanzees, and get all excited with my little map following the trails to see what's next!

Lemmy was 12 months old the first time we took him. He liked to see the animals, but mainly he was running around non stop, since he had just started to do that!

Then winter came. Snow, rain, freezing cold weather. That together with Marc finishing the album, We hadn't been for a long while.

This Sunday not only daddy was home, but it was sunny!! well, the day actually started with snow!! But it was super sunny when Lemmy woke up from his nap, so we hurried out before the Zoo closed.
We got there about 3:30. We had until 5. Prioritized!! Lemurs first and chimpanzees second ( my two favorites) and they are also the nearest to the entrance.
This time I was even more excited. Lemmy is now 19 months old. He knows pretty much all the animals from the books we have read. Lemmy's favorites are the giraffes. He has a few giraffes stuffed animals that he likes a lot. So, we couldn't wait to see his reaction when he saw a real giraffe.
And we weren't disappointed. It was the big highlight of the day. He started screaming JIRAFA JIRAFA!!! ( Spanish) And shaking his legs in excitement!!!! It was such a joy to see him! I wish I had my video camera.
It was super muddy, and mummy forgot the wellies. But it was all worthy! Can't wait for the next time!!













Coffee break for daddy


2 comments:

Leslie said...

Soooo sweet. This reminds me of my days with Kai when he was my only baby. We lived about 10 minutes away from the San Diego Zoo and we got a pass too. It was wonderful - the first year was basically just a nice walk for me, and then as Kai got older it was amazing to see him begin to respond to the animals and show excitement and enjoyment. The zoo is still such a special place for me that I hold dearly in my heart!

bonjourmarie said...

So fun, Vero! Kids really love the zoo. I love the first pic of Lemmy - good light in the eyes. Yeah to connecting through blogs.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers