Saturday 27 February 2010

The power of worship

In the christian world there has been a lot of teaching about worship being not by words or singing praises to the Lord, but by actions & lifestyle. 
What I want to share is not about that, but the actual power of singing praises, singing truths out loud!
When I was pregnant with Lemmy I had a few scary moments. Well, the first one I'm gonna share is not scary but mainly horrible. One day I woke up with ( I think it was a tummy bug)  extreme nausea, I couldn't eat, or even drink. I don't know how woman can handle nausea and severe vomiting through the whole pregnancy! But thankfully that episode was only a 24 hour one for me, of course I did have some nausea the first trimester but not as severe as those 24 hours. You can give me headaches, even diarrhea but please not nausea! I can't handle that at all! So, the only thing I could do was to worship. Marc put my favorite album at that time : Everlasting God http://www.brentonbrown.com/index.html by Brenton Brown. ( little did I know I would hear that album a million times later on!) Peace would flow and somehow I managed to not feel so miserable ( only when the music was on) which I had to have it all day and all night!

The one scary moment was over the summer, when Lemmy was due any moment. We had some very hot days and I couldn't feel Lemmy moving so much. I got scared. We went to the hospital, and as Marc was driving I could only sing : Our God is an awesome God or Dios esta aqui. Peace would flow and I kept on worshiping. I will also worshiped when I was happy, in the shower, etc. Maybe that's why Lemmy loves those songs!

When Lemmy was finally with us, we experienced some non stop crying situations. Sometimes he would calm down with Sir Duck by Stevie :) sometimes by some heavier tunes by Verra Cruz http://www.verracruz.com/index.php . But, his very favorite one was Brenton. Some days he wouldn't make it to the 2nd song, he would be asleep before the 1st chorus of the 1st song!
It got to the point that we had to take this album wherever we went. Well, in ipods, cd's, anything!-just in case-It was the  one thing that for sure it worked!

As Lemmy is growing, Brenton still does the trick.  But of course we try not to put the cd each time he is crying.

We are very blessed that Lemmy has never really been sick. He had a runny nose once I think, but not a cold, and it only lasted one day. Not a biggy. I had the stomach flu 3 times, Marc once. We took it with us to Spain, which my niece Giselle got it first, then Adriana. Fun times over Christmas! But never Lemmy! He was exposed to so many colds, bad coughs, etc...from family members and us included, but never Lemmy! Not sure if is the fact that he is still breast-feeding, that he is a strong little man, or just lucky ( or blessed)! I'm very thankful for that.
So, when 2 days ago Marc started with a sore throat, and then a cold....Lemmy started with a runny nose. It wasn't too bad. He was fine. Except when night came in, first he couldn't breath while nursing, he got frustrated and didn't want any. Then, after some singing he fell sleep struggling with snotty nose, which was rather new to him. A couple of hours later, he woke up really upset! We couldn't calm him down! First daddy tried, then me.  I sang to him but nothing...until daddy came with the guitar playing Awesome God in his bedroom. Then, we were both worshiping God to the top of our voices, while Lemmy stop crying and then fell sleep. It was a sweet moment.
Sometimes I sing " the song" to do the trick but maybe my heart is not in it. He feels it, maybe he feels I'm nervous or upset that he is not well , or even frustrated that he can't sleep. But, as soon as I chose to worship him with everything, peace flows in. Peace in my being, peace in the room, peace in him, and a good night sleep for all of us.

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.








Little Lemmy 1 day old.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love this, vero!! so sweet and amazing how worship has been such a part of lemmy's life.

brenton said...

wow vero. this made my day.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers