Friday 19 February 2010

Playing

I'm trying to do a different activity each day, apart from all the usual stuff.
Lemmy misses daddy so much that is a treat to do something new each day.
We put the music really loud and dance around the living room, make Elmo, Hugsy, dogs and gorilla's dance with us too. Our special song is Soul Collides of Verra Cruz. Then, we go nuts! jump as high as we can and bang our heads front and back. Lots of fun!
Hide and seek is a must! Mummy hides in a different room. Donde esta mama?? and he runs to find me. A big BOO when he comes, hugs and kisses too.
Drawing, coloring, magic painting, play dough, lots of reading, puzzles, singing, playing the guitar, piano, and other instruments. All so fun!

Once when I was in youth with a Mission, I heard a speaker say: once a day, you should spend some time with little children, and learn!
Now, I get to do that every day. It is refreshing. Innocence, purity , trusting, loving, genuine, unique.

There's so many examples of how loving and amazing my little boy is. I'm learning so much just by being with him. It humbles me to see how he reacts to things better than me sometimes!
When I'm tired and patience runs thin to the end of the day, I may raise my voice at some point. Lemmy, instead of crying or feeling upset he comes to me and whispers: mama mama, in a very low sweet manner and with a big smile he hugs me! There you go! heart broken! That, to me is incredible. No matter how mean I think I was ( I want to be a perfect mum, but we all know there's no such thing as perfection), he chooses to answer me with love and sweetness. I may have done something right! ;) Honestly, I think is the purity within them at such a young age. We all had it once, untouched by the pain of life.

I feel like in society today children are underestimated. They have been pushed aside. You can see it daily. Have you noticed how filthy many of the play areas are? and the changing/nursing areas for kids?
I'm disgusted to see how little care is taken of the places where our kids play. Broken glass, spit, and dog poo in a public playground?? really??!
Not to mention that the quickest way of spreading a virus is through kids!
I have even noticed this in churches.If I'm honest I have become more aware of this since I have my own son!
Flowers on the tables, spotless bathrooms, new carpets,etc. But where is the care for the children area?
Is it so hard to wash the soft toys? Is it so hard to clean daily the hard toys? the tables? the play area?
I know a bit of dirt is good for children! But I mean grossness beyond control..! mmm
That to me speaks volumes. They are not seen as important.

On Valentine's day while eating our lunch, I notice a family near by. They had a little boy a bit older than Lemmy. The parents were talking, in a very engaging conversation while the boy was looking pretty bored, and doing all kinds of things, being completely ignored. A sad picture. Often people just drop the kids here and there, puts them in front of the TV. And that's it! Don't they have a voice too? Don't they like to be included too?
Anyways...I'm going off now to a completely different subject! Where did all that come from?!

I want to end with this words: But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

As for today,

This are some photos of what we did. He knows the colors already in Spanish!!




Amarillo



Celeste




Naranja



This way is more exciting mum!



Rojo




Y ... Verde!





All done!!



Proud :)





He loves puzzles






4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love your post! You make such a good point about society and how children are so easily overlooked. I love how you closed with Jesus' words - so true. He valued children so much. Sounds like you are having some fun filled days with Lemmy - you are so creative. That's amazing that he already knows his colors. I'm still working on that with Jude who's 2 1/2!!

Veronica said...

Thanks so much Leslie! I wasn't thinking of writing all that, somehow it just all came out!
I know, I can't believe Lemmy knows all the colors in spanish! he is like a little sponge!

Unknown said...

pero qué inteligente mi sobrino!!!! I love the one when says "this way is more exciting"

Veronica said...

si!!! Vistes??!! Aprende rapidisimo! me sorprende a diario la cantidad de cosas que se acuerda de una sola vez que se las haya mostrado!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers