Monday 17 May 2010

Sweet moments/Momentos dulces

17th of May

Two nights ago, it was one of those nights. Lemmy was unsettled, he kept waking up. He actually told me : owie pansa. His tummy was hurting and when I picked him up, I could hear his belly rumbling around. Lots of gas later, he fell sleep.
He wanted to be held, or in our bed. I wonder if it is the smell of our bodies in the sheets that soothes him? But as soon as I put him on our bed,  he instantly goes to sleep.
It was about 2am when we heard him again. Marc and I were so tired that we gave in and just brought Lemmy into our bed ( When we usually put him back into his cot )
At one moment, he was cuddling with me. I could feel his tiny little hand holding me, and his sweet breathing on my shirt. I thought to myself, I need to savour this moment and I did. I breathed in the sweetness of his yet soft baby hair. I caressed gently the smoothness of his hands and I felt peaceful and full of love inside. I was soaking in those precious moments, so unique, and so beautiful. Holding my 22 months old baby, just priceless.

There's so many things to accomplish in one day. People are rushing around the streets. Working parents making ends meet. Seems like there is not enough hours or even minutes in one day to do all that we want to do. I say, stop for a moment and breathe in the sweetness, the stillness of what you have in front of you. It can be something simple like the smell of a flower, the fragrance of a newborn, the wetness of the first kisses from your son, the cuddly dog or cat you have around the house, the warmness of the sun coming through the window, the smells of fresh clean laundry, the hot water running into a nice bubble bath....whatever it may be, enjoy the little things! Don't let the time pass by you without taking the time to look into the little things of today.
God loves us and he has many surprises each day for us.


Dos noches atras, fue una de "esas noches". Lemmy se desperto muchas veces, muy enojado. Me decia que le dolia la pansa. Cada vez que lo levantaba, podia escuchar los ruiditos de su barriga. Despues de pasar muchos gasesitos, lograba dormirse.

Queria estar con nosotros, o en nuestra cama. Me pregunto si es el olor de nuestros cuerpos impregnado en las sabanas lo que lo calmaban? Al instante que lo acostabamos en nuestra cama, se dormia!
Eran las 2 de la manana cuando de nuevo escuchamos: mamaaaa, papaaaa. Estabamos tan cansados que Marc trajo a Lemmy a nuestra cama. Hacia mucho que no dormia con nosotros! Siempre lo pasamos a su cuna.
En un momento, estaba abrazandome. Sentia sus manitas pequenitas, y su dulce respiracion en mi remera. En ese instante pense, necesito savorear este momento y asi lo hice. Respire profundamente la dulzura de sus cabellos suaves todavia de bebe. Le acaricie suavemente la suavidad de sus manitos y senti paz y amor puro dentro mio. Absorvia esos preciosos momentos, tan unicos, y hermosos. Teniendo en brazos a mi bebe de 22 meses, algo sin precio.

Hay tantas cosas que hacer en un dia. Gente camina apurada por las calles de la ciudad. Padres trabajando para llegar a fin de mes. Pareceria que no hay horas suficientes, ni minutos en un dia para  hacer todas las cosas que nos gustaria. 
Yo digo, paren por un momento y respiren la dulzura que se nos presenta al frente nuestro. Puede ser algo simple como la fragancia de una flor, el olorcito de un recien nacido, los primeros besitos mojados que tu hijo te da, tu mascota que anda por la casa, la tibieza del sol entrando por la ventana, el olor tan rico de la ropa limpia, un bano de agua bien caliente.....lo que sea, pero disfruta de esas pequenas cosas que da la vida! No dejes pasar el tiempo sin parar por un momento a apreciar y a ver las pequenas cosas que te trae el dia de hoy.
Dios nos ama y tiene muchas sorpresas para nosotros todos los dias. Hay que abrir los ojos! :)








3 comments:

Silje said...

Oh, Vero, I couldn't help but cry a little reading this post.It is so important to be reminded of this. I find myself with the same thoughts, the same feeling sometimes, holding my babies. My heart filled with love, so much it actually hurts.

Veronica said...

Thanks Silje for the sweet comment!
I know exactly that feeling!! My heart aches for Lemmy as never before. It is s a different level of love when you have kids eh??

Priscilla said...

beautiful!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers