Monday 17 May 2010

Mum's group

Marc and I were talking about Lemmy and how we long for the very best in his life. One of our biggest desires is for him to know the love of our Father God.
We pray daily for every aspect of his life but we desire for more.

A few days ago I got a text from a friend. She told me that she was starting a group for mum's. A get together to pray for our kids or whatever the Holy Spirit leads. She asked me if I wanted to join in and to bring Lemmy along. I got excited right away and I was really looking forward to it!

We started this monday. It's actually such a nice way to start off the week. We hung out a bit and chatted a little over a cup of tea while our kids played away with all of Evy's toys! -Thank you Evy for sharing so kindly!-
Lemmy felt at home right away, he has always enjoy going to friend's houses, or new places. He loves people so he had a great time.

This days I feel so tired sometimes from lack of sleep that, if I'm in one of those quite prayer meetings, I will probably fall asleep! ( well, maybe!) So, for me it was refreshing to have all the kids around, playing, interacting, eating, and just being themselves!
Good times! :)

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20.


We could just get on with our lives as it comes. But I want something more. I know the power of prayer is so important.
Not to settle in the place where we are but to always thrive for the highest ways of the Lord.
For our lives to be meaningful, for our lives to make a difference. To love, to laugh, to run, to dance, to live in the fullness.
Because when we get closer to our creator, we discover a brand new world. I want my son to live in that  world. To love freely,  to live freely as we are meant to be. 


2 comments:

bonjourmarie said...

This is great! I love the idea. There's also a lot of parenting resources/books from the church here that we go to, if you're interested in doing a book discussion/study too. They focus a lot on grace-based parenting and raising your kids intentionally. Check out www.ibethel.org.

Veronica said...

Angela started it with mum's from the area. I hope it continues! Thanks for the site, I will check it out!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers