Thursday 6 May 2010

The Lord is my Shepherd

I was in my bed ready to sleep when I told my sister that I wanted to follow Jesus as she did. I was 8 years old at the time. She prayed with me that night and joy filled me. 
After that big event my sister explained to me that God is our father, and also a friend.
She bought me a bible and gave me a new journal, and told me that for me to know my new friend, I needed to read more about him, also to talk daily with him. After much talking, she said I could write about my walk with God in a journal. So I did.
The first thing I read in my new turquoise bible ( as probably lots of other kids did as well!) Was: The Lord is my Shepherd.

Now I'm 35 years old, and Psalm 23 always brings comfort to me, no matter what I'm going through or whatever the circumstances around me are. When things feel shaken and dark, I look at those words, let them sink in, chew on them and suddenly I'm a little girl running through the pastures, feeling the calmness of the river passing by, looking for my dad. To love me, to hold me, to dry the tears and tell me that with him at my side I'm never alone. He never fails.

As a mother now, I want my son to know our father as well. Just a few days ago I thought to tell him the story of the sheep being looked after by a shepherd. He was very enthusiastic!
One sheep got lost, and the shepherd needed to find the little lost sheep. Lemmy looked concerned at this part. When the sheep was finally found and was so happy to return home, Lemmy was jumping for joy! It was such a delight to see! I can see so much love in his heart, so much of God already within him. Forming him. Shaping him to who he may become.

We finished with something fun, as to glue cotton balls into the sheep, coloured them some ( he is not too into the colouring yet) and this are some of the photos of our morning.

2nd of May 2010









23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers