Saturday 17 July 2010

Party!!

We had a birthday party for Lemmy on the 10th of July. All morning he was singing to himself : Happy Birthday to youuuu, Happy Birthday to youuuu! It was the cutest thing ever! He knew what was coming..

For Lemmy the day went perfectly, he had lots and lots of fun! 
For us, it started in the wrong foot! 

You see, I had been planning this party for a long time. Lemmy loves pocoyo ( a spanish cartoon) thanks to my sister Adriana who introduce him to it while staying in her place over the Christmas Holiday. 
So, I thought for his 2nd birthday I would make it a Pocoyo theme! I was excited! I love planning birthday parties for my boy. 
The first thing I did,  look for the exact cake I wanted, with the Pocoyo characters on them. There were tons of photos over the internet but none that looked exactly like the characters. They all seemed fake. 
After much search, at last I found it! The woman who made the cake, even posted all the photos, of each character in flickr, so you could learn how to do them. 
Marc contacted his friend, who made Lemmy's 1st birthday cake (which was exactly as we ordered it!) and sent the photos of the cake we wanted. Done! phew! 

Favours done ( my favourite part!), got decorations with Pocoyo , done!...etc..

So, the day came when Marc had to go and pick the cake up. When he arrived, the man told him: It's not exactly what you asked for. oh oh! I bet Marc's first thought was: Veronica is not gonna be happy!
Marc left, and was given a ticket and then found out his MOT was expired, which meant he couldn't be driving the car!
When he arrived home, he realised the cake had fallen apart. ( I think the guy made the cake in a rush, and it was too fresh, and that's the reason it fell apart) 
So, imagine how we all felt! Time was tight. We moved on! We needed to get to the venue to get everything ready on time! 
We did it! :) thanks to some friends who came earlier. And the party started! 

Lemmy was happy to see pocoyo and Elly on the cake, even though it was far from perfect. He loved the bouncy castle, and to see so many of his friends together all at once!
For snacks, there was Lemmy's favourite things,  rice crackers, raisins, cheese, juices and fruit! What else he could ask for!? The party was about him, to celebrate him ; and all that surrounded him was for him to have the best day ever...and he did!! 

Here are a few photos of the day :) 

My big boy of 2!



Arrival at the party ( just woken up from a nap)





Favours for kiddies


Favours for adults






The lonely pinata while setting things up  






    
Pinata time!  











Boys and little stones....




Getting harder to take family photos this days!  


















....and the party is over! 



3 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun party! I love the last picture of the family. so sweet.

bonjourmarie said...

Yes, I also love the last photo of you guys. :) Looked like a fun party.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers