Thursday 1 July 2010

Lemmy likes

I'm utterly, deeply in love with my son. I love every single thing that makes him who he is.



He likes to eat! some of his favourite dishes are: salmon, sweet potato, potato, couscous with mushroom, mushrooms, brown seedy bread, bananas, raisins, rice crackers, fruit purees, smoothies, fruit juices,fish.
He copies every word at the moment and expresses himself so clearly. He has always known what he has wanted since day one. He likes going out, running, pushing his tricycle around, or the buggy. He likes to go on his tricycle, and sometimes in the buggy. He likes to go to toy shops, and he is happy pushing shopping trolleys for kids around, and exploring the other toys. He likes to play hide and seek with mummy & daddy.
He likes it when I put the raisins in a glass bowl, and he walks around and places them  near to where he will play and then moves the bowl to a different place according to what he wants to play with.
He doesn't like his hands to get too dirty or sticky. So, he didn't enjoy finger painting too much, he kept trying to get the paint off his hands all the time!
He likes his train ( chu chu ) , his cars, blocks, piano, and daddy's guitars. He likes for me or daddy to play some tunes and he likes to requests the songs.
Favourite songs to sleep : Our God is our awesome God, Hosanna King ( give me oil in my lamp..), Dios esta Aqui, Este nene lindo ( spanish lullaby), he has the whole world in his hands....among others.
Favourite albums since day one are: Everlasting God, and now daddy's new album : Surrender.
He likes to listen to some Verra Cruz from my phone before bed sometimes. He likes me to rub his back and loves to hold my hand ( big thumb) while we drive, and while he drinks his water bottle after a nap or before bed. My big thumb is always available! I love the feeling of his tiny hands rubbing my thumb, is the sweetest thing ever!
He likes Elephants, Giraffes, dogs and cats. Goes crazy when he sees dogs!
He likes babies, he is very gentle with them, strokes their heads and looks concerned if they cry. No pasa nada bebe ( nothing is wrong baby) he will say if he hears a baby or a kid crying or upset.
He loves daddy and mummy. He loves Tia Adriana, and the rest of the family. He remembers everybody even days after we have seen them, sometimes even months!
He asks often for people who maybe met once or twice since he was born. He likes people, he likes children, he likes to play with them and share toys. ( I hope that one lasts!) He is very kind to other kids and looks puzzled if some other kid will take a toy away from him or pushed him ( the pushing only happened once) I guess he hasn't experience real meanness yet!
He likes phones, going up and down stairs, electric ones too.
He likes football. and all kinds of balls. He loves bubbles, but more the way they splash on my face!
He loves bath time. He likes to splash mummy or daddy. He likes water. He loves the ocean. He used to fall sleep with the sound of it.
He likes the rain and the wind. He likes to look into a fire.
He loves music. He likes peppa pig, pocoyo and Piggy. He like to watch baby Einstein "water" one too.
He likes Mozart. He likes to turn on and off the TV, and put the dvds on and off. Open the cases and puts them in or off. He likes to clean, sweep, or wipe surfaces.
He loves the vacuum! After being scared for so long, now he is obsessed with it. He doesn't like my new glasses ( no anteojos).
He likes to drive daddy's car with him, he loves the keys! He likes doing new things and exploring around the house. He got really upset when daddy's guitar broke. We had to put the guitar away cause he kept on saying : ohhhh nooooo guitar broke.....ohhh noooooo. He likes to have his nails cut. He reminds me every night to brush his teeth and to clean his ears. Sometimes 2 hyssops is not enough, he will want more.
He likes my belly and belly button, he likes to do raspberries in it, and to put his little finger in my belly button ( he calls it UTEN) ??!
He loves when I massage some cream on his legs, and when I tickle softly, he gets goosebumps. He loves being tickled. And loves lots of tights hugs. He likes to give a kiss in our owies( our hurts) and give a few slaps in our back to say with a big proud soft voice: papa, mama. It's the best!
He likes to throw out all the toys of the cot after he wakes up in the morning, also he places it them in between the cot and wall!
He likes to say : chau to almost every toy and things before bed time. Chau giraffe, chau elefante, chau telefono, chau guau guau....
He likes Elmo, gorilla, mono, and our big penguin call Hugsy. He likes to comb his hair. He likes to tickle mum & dad. He loves when we are both together. He dislikes if Im in the computer or doing dishes. He dislikes if daddy is not home or if he is working at home and can't play with him.
He likes the swings, and going up and down the slides. He likes for me to make play dough balls and for him to smashed each one of them right in the middle. He loves eggs and pasta. Just now got into cheese.
He really likes books, for us to read them to him, for him to look at them. He enjoys taking them all of the boxes and look at them one by one. Depends on the season, depends which books he is into then, always his favourites are the ones he can open and close little windows.
He likes to help, and to copy what we do. He observes and then he does it perfectly well. He likes to put the groceries in the cart and then take them out at the check out point. He likes to jump in the cot and on our bed. He likes to climb on the bed if any of us are in there, and likes to sleep in our bed with us. He loves cuddles and our closeness.

He now sings along to Brenton's songs perfectly, he also sings along to daddy's songs. He likes to listen to music before bed, sometimes he wants only mummy to sing. He loves to be more "comfortable" and climbs on top of me to sleep better ( mas comodo mamita) He likes when I give him massage with cream on his legs and hands, and likes to do the same to me!
 He says: Hello, how are you? to the mail man coming down the stairs as we walk towards our flat, or to any body who he comes across. He gave a thumbs up to the bank lady, and made her day! He does the cutest facial expressions my eyes  have ever seen!
The other day I saw Lemmy getting a DVD out of the case, blow on it, and try to clean it with his t-shirt ( as he saw me a few times doing it cause I always find little finger prints on them) ha! You've got to laugh!

I can not believe that my baby is turning 2 tomorrow! Time goes too quickly! This are just a few of the things I want to remember and I want Lemmy to know one day.
You are the most amazing, wonderful, loving, clever little boy I have ever ever known! And Im proud to be your mum!

Here are some photos of his birthday photo shoot on the 2nd of July 2009.
To remember how you were then, cause soon you will be 2!












2 comments:

Lori said...

Love, love this post, Veronica! What a beautiful tribute to your precious son and so wise of you to write it down for yourself and for him to read some day. My sons are soon-to-be 27 and 28 years old now, and I wish I had these kinds of memories to look back on. Of course, the pictures are an added bonus too! If you are taking these with your new lens, I'm thinking you are really getting the hang of it ... beautiful!! I especially loved the one of him in the foreground and you and your husband in the background.

May God continue to bless your family with many years of growing together in His love.

Veronica said...

Thank you soo much for the kind words!! I always have so many things I want to remember or him to know one day, so I started this list a while ago...there's always so much more to add, but never the time! I wish I can put every single memory into a box to look at it later on! ;)

This photos were taken by a friend of a friend, Beth Winsor ( Bitten-Smitten) Which I really loved!!!! I wish I can take this photos myself!!! ( maybe soon?!)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers