Friday 15 October 2010

uplifted

15 de Octubre, 2010

Is so easy to be overwhelmed in your daily day. I don't remember feeling like this when I was in my 20's, or maybe I did at a certain level but is gone from my memory!
Maybe is the having the responsibility of raising another human being, that everything we do or say will shape this person in what they will become later in life.
Maybe it is that when we grow up there is more things on our to do list.
Maybe is because suddenly life is getting shorter.
I remember when days were going so slowly while in school. I couldn't wait for a holiday break, I couldn't wait until I was old enough to go out on my own, I couldn't wait to finish high school. Everything went in slow motion.
Now, it seems like it's speeding away. I have more grey hairs, I have accumulated more kilos than ever before ( and I'm not doing anything to lose them!) and the list goes on...
Decisions and decisions. Stress of stressing out. It's proved that happy stressless people are healthier. So, let's try not to stress out, so then I stress out  about trying not to stress out! and the cycle continues.

I have to admit that when I start feeling like the whole world is falling apart around me, and I feel dry inside, it has to do with a part of me being left to dry out. My soul, my spirit. When was the last time I read your word God? I asked myself. Since I took the decision to follow God, there hasn't been a day I haven't talked to him, so even when I haven't spend time on his words, I have always talked to him, he is my everything. Yet, I know when I don't spend time on his written word, my soul gets thirsty and then I can see how it starts to affect me in my daily life.
As soon as I immerse in his word, it is literally fresh water for my soul.
I cried today as I read these words in my daily bible reading :


       You whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
       and have carried since your birth.
        Even to your old age and grey hairs
       I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
       I have made you and I will carry you;
       I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

I lost my dad when I was 13 years old. Then, Jesus became my real dad. He has sustained me, he has comforted me, he has become my true dad. I have been through many things, many places, many adventures and He has always carried me. I have proof. He has been with me since before I was conceived, in his thoughts. How powerful that is! Just think of that for a moment. What else can I say? Once more, my father reminded me that He is with me and always will be.

My sister says that photos of flowers remind her of those devotionals or bible verses that they always come attached with flowers, so here it goes for you Adri, I finished my little insights with some bluebells. God's pretty creation. :)


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers