Friday 24 September 2010

Today it was a good day

11th of September

Lemmy has been going through a rough patch. Not sure if it was all the changes of the last month, going to a festival for 15 days, routine out of the window, and not seeing daddy so much. He was a bit off when we got back. I mean, he was still the sweetest little boy I know! But sometimes my patience was not existent thanks to his tantrums. When I said no, he either screamed, kicked, hit, punched, pulled my hair, or daddy's ( including beard) who was this child? I refused to believe he was getting into the famous terrible 2's. My son? no way!

It is a fact ( after reading many parents books, searching in the web,etc) that at this age they start experiencing lots of strong feelings. Some how overwhelming for their little being. They can't control it, they just can't! They need to be understood, they need to express, and is all too much for them. This is the key age of discipline. So, instead of screaming back, or telling them off loudly ( just comes out naturally sometimes!), the way to show them how to deal with all this feelings of anger, disappointment, etc...is with a very calm soft speaking mum or dad. Talking through, explaining, leading by example as per say.
This way they will know how to react and how to manage their anger.

Well, I have to say, Im not perfect in any way. There was the occasional scream back (not too loud) but it was there. To feel terrible later, to ask him to forgive me and to move on...things kept being the same.

Marc and I talk last night and we knew that we needed to reinforce the gentle spirit that somehow got lost in the middle of the battle of the wills. Also, to add more quality time, doing all that he enjoys to do with him 100 %. No distractions.
And guess what? It does work!

Today was a good day. I prayed for God's grace, patience and wisdom, and I felt his grace on me. Since Marc was away, I spend more time with Lemmy doing the things he wanted me to do with him, play-dough elephants, drawing with markers, dancing, tickling, shower in his bath time, playing with the hose and pretending it was a water fountain ( he loves that!) We had an special time. Later on I suddenly heard the fire works. I took Lemmy with a big blanket into the balcony, we cuddled and watched them in the middle of the dark. With all the wonderful colourful fire works all over the sky. Lemmy's first words were : esta lloviendo! ( it is raining) he he, He loved it, he kept asking for more and more, and counting : uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis...until more would appear into the sky.
He had a nice cuddle with Abu first and then me before bed time. He caressed my cheek and thumb and I let him sleep in our big bed. It's a special thing when daddy is away. He has a radar, he knows exactly when Marc is not around during bed times, cause he wont stay in the cot. It's nice to have him around though :) My son.

We made a purple elephant with play-dough, he made 2 drawings. One to welcome my sister Adriana  and another one for his cousin Nico, who he loves :)

Here are some snaps of the day


Talking with daddy











Imitating mummy with the old camera

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Vero, I love this post!!! It's so true. I love that you had a better day - that you determined to make that happen.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers