Wednesday 1 May 2013

A change of athmosphere

24 of April 2013

Since we had Lainey, we had to adjust to a lot. Everything took longer, house chores started to pile up more and more….life got a lot busier all of the sudden! Wonderful busier.

Now that Lainey is almost 6 months old, she engages a lot more with play, has more awake time and a bit more of a routine  going.Today, after Marc left for his staff meeting, Lainey was asleep on her chair. I took some time to have a cup of tea with toast, together with Lemmy, we chatted.

After Lainey woke up and had her feed, we went upstairs and read lots of the books that Lemmy chose last night for his bed time stories ( which I didn't get to read as he fell asleep before I went into the room)

Then, I took Lainey to her room. My mum stayed there for almost 3 months and though we put Lainey to play in her cot a few times a day, we hardly spend any time there. I'm trying for her to start getting used to her surroundings there, so she can start sleeping there during nap times and later on at night times. We did the same with Lemmy, and it worked wonders.

I took a few of Lemmy's baby toys out and sat her in front of them. Lemmy came soon after with his own blanket and put some toys there too.

I said, hey why we don't sing some songs?! yeah, Lemmy said. We started with la cucaracha ( his request), el payaso plin plin, a few Argentinian classics. He was into it, we were all using some instruments, including Lainey with the shaker. Then, I said Let's worship God! We started to sing some worship songs together.

Suddenly our time turned into our own special little church :). After we worshiped, we had a time of thanksgiving.

Lemmy gave thanks that he likes Angry birds, the clouds, and our baby.

I then prayed for a few family members that don't know Jesus yet, and Lemmy pray for Lainey " That she will get to know Jesus when she grows up"

Lemmy wanted to also pray for gifts that he would like to recieve ( a new star wars guy, a bad one )

Then, I told him how to be friends with someone you need not to just talk and talk but it's very important to listen as well. Like mummy and daddy are best friends, imagine if only one of us do all the talking ! Then, it won't be much of a friendship, right? So, we had a moment of silence to hear what God had to say to us.

After a little while, Lemmy said: I want to say what God told me! " He said, I'm silly" And Jesus said I'm silly too…we both laugh. Lemmy it's really into being silly to make us laugh:)  and I said, That may be because God is funny!

Lemmy wanted to know what God told me. He said, He loves me, I told him. Lemmy then said: " that means that God is wonderful!!"

Usually in the mornings I'm a bit grumpy, sleepy and tired I must admit. Since I was little I grew up waking up at almost noon, going to school after lunch, having late nights…bla bla. Meaning that no matter if I had a good night sleep or not, mornings are just hard! I'm more awake at night, I'm more efficient at night…no matter the amount of sleep I had the night before, night time is where things can get done faster and when I can engage better!

But today, the way we started our half morning, changed the athmosphere. It was amazing. I was happier, I felt refreshed. Lemmy suddenly started helping me in whatever I was doing. First he put all the baby clothes in the line, then helped me to pair the dry socks and put them away, then pick all the trousers and jeans to be washed and put them in the laundry machine. He used to be that helpful when he was 1, 2 and 3…but for a while he hasn't been that interested in house chores ( with that much excitment!) It was so sweet, he put all the toys that didn't belong in the living room, dinner room, hallway..etc back to where they came from and so on. Marc told me, wow , what a little bit of worship and prayer can do, hey!
I would like to incorporate this family gatherings more into our life, I hope we can do it often, just spontenously like it happened today. Lemmy has been so hungry for God, to know more of Jesus, that has been so refreshing to watch. We never pushed anything onto him, and just all by himself he's started to discover the truth.

For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. -Jesus (mathew 7:8)


A photo of Lainey that day before we started to sing. Taken with my phone on Instagram.






1 comment:

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful moment! It is so true, just a moment in his presence shifts the entire direction of the day. How easy it is to forget that... I have a blog post sitting in draft that is very much about this very thing. Thank you for this sweet reminder. What fortunate children you have to be raised in your home, in this way.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers