Monday 22 April 2013

Let go


While browsing through this blog, I found a few drafts that I never posted. I think I will try to post some oldies too. This I wrote back over the summer.


18 of July 2012

We are expecting our 2nd baby and we also just moved from a flat to a home, in a different town. This time around pregnancy has been a bit rough. Everything is ok, just the long list of issues that I won't bother to write! The usual things that come with pregnancy to some women.

The move, living among boxes, sorting and organising while being pregnant and with a 4 year old to look after felt like a huge Everest to climb. It has been a bit tough.

In the mist of it all, it bothers me that some things get behind and I sometimes get caught in the circumstances and I stop enjoying things. I start to miss things.

As for today, it was a day full of tasks to accomplish. We went to town to buy some things for Lemmy's party. We had lunch in town. Marc had a Skype appointment and office time. Lemmy wanted to go to the park. After being dragged to all of those places, we all went to the park. It was wet and we were the only family in the whole park! Marc went to get fish and chips. I played a bit with Lemmy but mostly I was sitting watching him. He jumped from one place to another one, so happy , so free. I love how children are. I love how my son is….he quickly forgets anything that's bothered him and starts enjoying life by playing, by being in the moment and seizing it.

Play is such an important part of a child's life. 

Marc came back and we all gathered around a picnick table and enjoyed such an English meal! I haven't had fish and chips for so long….we loved it.

After playing some more, I notice a big cloud coming near. I thought to myself, we should leave quickly before it starts to rain. I didn't say anything. The drops came and we went under a tree to wait for the rain to stop. We played an Argentinian game of chasing each other with a song. We laughed. Lemmy was saying that the tree wasn't protecting us much, the rain started to come through, and he wanted to go home. I say: yes, let's go! Marc wasn't so sure. He said, it will stop, let's wait until it's gone. The rain came stronger and stronger….then slowed down, then stronger again. I said: Let's go, let's walk fast or run! 
In the end we went for it, holding hands the 3 of us started to walk. It was raining hard. " This is not the kind of rain that you walk through" Marc said. We walked 3 blocks and then we heard the lightning and thunders roar, we all squealed, and started to race faster…the water started to flood in every corner, puddles everywhere. The rain became stronger and harder…we were not skipping puddles anymore, we were walking fast, laughing and giggling! We were almost home when we saw our neighbours across the street looking at the rain and then saw us! They started to laugh! We were completely soaked. No part of any of our bodies was dry! It was like walking through the middle of a swimming pool. It felt goooooood. It felt great!!!!!! I felt like a kid again. I felt free. Joy filled me. 
We stood at our door and I wish I could have taken a photo of how wet we were…. we got all the shoes and clothes off, dumped them into the floor and went straight for a warm shower! 
We were all hyper still from our little adventure.

The usual me,  would have thought and be annoyed about the extra laundry I needed to do, of the wet hallway, or that my favourite comfy shoes I had been wearing through my whole pregnancy would not  be dry the following day! etc…etc..

But I didn't think of anything until now. While we were running and laughing, nothing else mattered. It was amazing really. Life can get so busy and so full of things to get done that we miss little things or even big things. I always try not to ever miss anything related to Lemmy as he is the most important thing for me but still the hours are slipping by and we still have to do work, house chores…etc.

Life is hard at times, but is full of little moments of happiness and joy here and there. I bet if we let go more often, we could find more joy.To become a child felt good and refreshing.
I was happy. 


Lemmy playing hide and seek with daddy


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers