Wednesday 17 April 2013

Here we go again


17 of April 2013

Here we go again. Not sure where to start. That's my problem. That's why it has taken me a long time to come back. Work got quite busy, then I got too behind on my blogging,  and since I like to keep everything in order ( chronologically ) it was too overwhelming and I stopped blogging all together. Then, I started a few photography projects, and that got a bit too much as well. My husband suggested for me to stop putting so much pressure on myself and just do what I can, it was a bit much so I left all of them half way. He says I'm a perfectionist, I never thought of myself that way. But I guess in some things I am. 
Last february I got pregnant, and I was so sick that I had to stop working. I kept on taking photos of my family but I wasn't able  to go though them all so I keep falling behind my photo albums, my scrapbooks, baby books…etc…you name it! 
At the end of the year 2012 my main Hard drive broke ( I had it all backed up on a cloud system but no where else! )I still don't now if there was something there I didn't have back up anywhere else! I think I don't…So, that added me another chore, to recover everything from the cloud and put it into another hard drive…I'm still doing it! It's tedious. There's lots and lots of photos and videos I must put onto a new Hard drive. So, now I have to back up into 2 hard drives and the cloud website. That seems like enough. I hope so!
My beautiful baby girl arrived October 27, 2013. I fell in love all over again. We are in completely awe of this wonderful wonder!  
We are still adjusting to a family of 4! Needless to say, life got a lot more busier! Photos getting way behind….house chores piling up. I don't know what it is like to have the whole house tidy and clean , every room included, all at the same time! Once upon a time, that was super important! Not so much now….well, it does bug me now and then.
We had a big move in the middle of my pregnancy. Oh, I don't even want to remember that! It was super stressful, top it up with nauseas, vomit, hormones all over the place,back ache…it was not pretty.
Since the move was chaos and rushed, I wanted the settling into the new home to go slowly and in my own time…well, it took for ever! 
and…my photos got more and more and more behind…sigh.
To me, as you must guess,  photographs are very important. Having everything digital is good, but  I still  do prefer having the albums on my hands to flip them and to look at the prints closer. It's nice. I do also enjoy looking back at my blog, the photos of Lemmy being so little, together with whatever I wrote at the time. I do. 
I have been following other blogs, and once again I started to itch to continue with mine.
I thought a lot last year about all that I wanted to get done and the things I never got done…and This year I decided a few things.
First, I 'm not going to put any more pressure into doing and  finishing a yearly project. I don't want to stress over trivial things. I'm going to take it easy. Now, we are talking about photography…I still want to take photos! It's my passion! 
One thing I enjoyed was to join instagram, it's a great, fun, easy way of capturing my family on the spot, no editing, no fuss. Maybe just a quick filter now and then! I want to enjoy my kids to the full when they are awake, and try to do photos when they are asleep. Yes, nice in theory. The thing is that pretty much every chore gets pushed after the kids go to sleep….and the reality strikes, when the kids are gone to sleep, I crash…onto the couch! ( where I am right now!) Not even at my desk…nope. 
No to stress, enjoy more life. Some days I don't even pick up the big camera…and when I do, I don't suddenly take 1000 photos in one go. Yes, I used to do that!
No to stress, take it easy, enjoy life, enjoy my kids, enjoy the moment. Embrace each day and what it brings. 
Slowly try to get some photos done, slowly get things printed….slowly, no pressure. All those words, I tried to remind myself. Some days are better than others. 
I want to blog again, I want to put some photos of my little girl and write things that the day bring. I want to share things, I want to start again. Not where I left. NO. No pressure. I will write whenever I feel like, I will share the photos I have ready at the moment. Yes, I like that. 
Another thing I stopped blogging because English is my second language, so I would always ask Marc to correct my grammar at least, as sometimes he would tell me: Veronica, that doesn't make any sense! It does to me! He is not great at English grammar but at least he makes sure I do make sense! 

Here we go again! :)

I leave with a few photos of my two loves. Random pick from Marc's computer. :)



       Lemmy over the summer 2012, after he turned 4 years old.



Lainey at 18 days old


Lainey- 1 months old-





2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Wonderful choice Vero! I think it will bring you a lot of joy to pop on here and post something whenever the mood hits you. And I love seeing your photos and hearing your thoughts. Welcome back!

Veronica said...

Thanks Priscilla!! How kinds and sweet of you! :) I haven't checked any of the blogs I used to follow via blogger, so hopefully I can see more of your adventures and thoughts too! Like you said once, there's always so much to write but never the time! eh?!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers