Sunday 11 April 2010

Everything comes to an end

6 of April

Lemmy turned 21 months old and started to lose interested in nursing. He was only drinking a few minutes before nap time and right before bed time. Sometimes he would skip it if we were out and about. It was a nice unwinding moment for him, he would snuggle in and I would enjoy just looking at his angelic face, still my baby. Just a few days ago, he started to cut it short ( 2 minutes each time), then only 1 minute...and then the saddest moment for me : No leche, no lechita, no mas lechita. I kept offering him but no interest at all. Well, I'm happy we both did it for this long! I never planned it this way, but I'm glad I followed his needs first.
There were times I wanted to give up, for one reason or another. Marc would remind me of my desire and belief, you know what is best for him, you know you want the best for him, and thanks to that reminder I kept on going! I'm so glad for in those times of weaknesses I had Marc standing strong as for what we both believe in so much.
I could write so much about our journey in breastfeeding. I could actually write a small book about it! I learned so much and now is time to say goodbye! I never expected to be this sad, but I am.
I will miss the comfort it brought him right away if he was teething, got hurt, or had a sniffly nose.
I will miss the way he looked at me with those deep dark eyes, as if reading my every thought.
I will miss those gentle touches he gave me on my face, or arm.
I will miss looking at him running to bed, getting the pillow and place it in my lap, ready for milky time!
I will miss his eyes looking a bit drunk until he finally snoozed off.
I will miss how he played with my necklace and pointed to my every freckle.
I will miss how he used to stop for a second to give me a full smile or giggle, as if we were sharing a private joke.
I will miss how he used to ask me : leche, lechita. With his sweet little voice :)
There's something so magical, so tender, so deep in the connection of a mother and his son or daughter in those precious times, the sweetness of those moments I will miss.



Having a snack during a trip to Hawaii.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Veronica, you put it soooo perfectly. It is such a precious privilege. I thought I was the only one that wanted to give up! Stephen would always remind me of the same things in those moments of weakness. It is such a commitment - a selfless one at that. Thank you so much for sharing!

Di said...

Ahh that was really sweet Vero. Thanks for sharing.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

My Favorites

Followers